The Sacrifice – Fine art print 30×40
“The Sacrifice” is an homage to Caravaggio and my appreciation for his lighting treatment. For this piece, I worked with Daiane, an energetic Brazilian traveling model out of Texas. I used her feminine form as the light that breaks and softens the darkness of the scene, giving the resulting photograph a dramatic yet intimate sense of mystery.
- Please allow 3-4 business days after payment to process and produce prints.
- All prints are executed on high-quality Lustre photo paper.
- Due to Covid-related restrictions, shipping periods may be extended.
1 in stock
The Sacrifice fine art print is made using various high-end techniques, and is available as a Limited edition print. The print is an acid-free base substrate which is designed for extended durability and print stability to preserve fine art photos.
How to care for your print:
The environment the your print lives in plays a major role in the protection of your work of art.
- Handling – Natural skin oils or other contaminants can easily transfer to the print. As a preventative measure, we recommend washing your hands before touching a photograph. If possible wear clean, white cotton gloves that are lint free and designed for handling the art.
- Light – keep out of direct sunlight (especially south-facing light) and high-intensity artificial light. If you decide to frame your print, look into using UV protection glass/plexiglass. If not exposed to extreme light, prints will not become excessively faded or yellowed.
- Temperature – keep prints in a cool environment, preferably within the range of 60°-72° F (16°-22°C). Don’t hang prints near areas that get too hot or cold, like fireplaces, radiators, or air-conditioners. Warm or moist conditions accelerate deterioration and encourage mold growth and insect activity.
- Humidity – maintain a relative humidity between 35 and 55%; if humidity is too high the print can be damaged by mold or insects, but if it’s too low the paper can become brittle. Avoid hanging your fine art print somewhere that is very humid, like a steamy bathroom or next to a humidifier.
- Framing – When framing your print use a good quality glass specifically designed for protecting fine art and photographic images. We also recommend using an acid-free archival mat to prevent the print and glass from touching.
Find out more about how to care for your print in various online resources HERE
Find out more about this photograph in the story section titled: “The Sacrifice – Exploring Caravaggio’s light through photography”.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.