Lamentations – Fine art print 30×40
“Lamentations” is the result of an exploration of the 17th century Italian Baroque lighting treatment, specifically that of Caravaggio’s. The Baroque was distinguished by exaggerated dynamism and clear detail that aimed to create drama and grandeur in sculpture, painting and architecture. Using this technique, the contrast of Elle’s skin against the somber setting alleviates the tension created by the languishing posture – hence the title.
- Measures 30 inches by 40 inches
- Please allow 3-4 business days after payment to process and produce prints.
- Please note that shipping to West Coast states may incur additional charges.
- All prints are executed on high-quality Lustre photo paper and mounted on Styrene.
- Due to Covid-related restrictions, shipping times may be extended.
5 in stock
“Lamentations” fine art print is made using various high-end techniques, and is available only as a Limited edition print. It is made on and acid-free substrate which is designed for extended durability and print stability to preserve fine art photos.
How to care for your print:
The environment the your print lives in plays a major role in the protection of your work of art.
- Handling – Natural skin oils or other contaminants can easily transfer to the print. As a preventative measure, we recommend washing your hands before touching a photograph. If possible wear clean, white cotton gloves that are lint free and designed for handling the art.
- Light – keep out of direct sunlight (especially south-facing light) and high-intensity artificial light. If you decide to frame your print, look into using UV protection glass/plexiglass. If not exposed to extreme light, prints will not become excessively faded or yellowed.
- Temperature – keep prints in a cool environment, preferably within the range of 60°-72° F (16°-22°C). Don’t hang prints near areas that get too hot or cold, like fireplaces, radiators, or air-conditioners. Warm or moist conditions accelerate deterioration and encourage mold growth and insect activity.
- Humidity – maintain a relative humidity between 35 and 55%; if humidity is too high the print can be damaged by mold or insects, but if it’s too low the paper can become brittle. Avoid hanging your fine art print somewhere that is very humid, like a steamy bathroom or next to a humidifier.
- Framing – When framing your print use a good quality glass specifically designed for protecting fine art and photographic images. We also recommend using an acid-free archival mat to prevent the print and glass from touching.
Read more about how to care for your fine art print in online resources HERE
Read more about this photograph in the story section titled: “Lamentations – an explorations of the 17th century Italian Baroque light”.
|Dimensions||30.00 × 40.00 × 6.00 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.